Pågen Gifflar Gingerbread - Sweden's most sold sweet buns! Small, nibbling good Gifflar with delicious gingerbread flavour. Perfect for coffee break, the excursion or for cuddle time. Gifflar Gingerbread buns are baked in Sweden using Swedish flour from Pågen's own mill.
Sometimes it is circumstances that are behind how a product is invented. Small cinnamon shell-shaped breads were a speciality that we were still baking by hand in the 1970s. But when the bakers removed the buns from the conveyor, it sometimes went a little bit wrong. The buns often ended up on their right hand corner, which meant they'd completely failed.
But – one of the bakers thought that they actually looked quite nice, and they knew the taste was already great, of course! They also happened to stay fresh longer in this misshapen style. Whoops – and so we'd accidentally created the cinnamon Gifflar – Sweden's most sold snack bread! Think how lucky that unlucky baker actually was!
- Shelf Life: 21 days
- Manufacturer: Pågen AB (Sweden)
- Ingredients: wheat flour, water, sugar, vegetable fat (palm/rapeseed), skimmed milk powder, eggs, yeast, brown sugar, starch syrup, potato powder, apricot kernels, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, cardamom, barley malt flour, almonds, raising agent (E450, E500), emulsifier E471, preservative (E200, E282), thickening agent E1414, citric acid, flavouring
- Nutritional Information (by manufacturer): energy kj 1482 (326 kcal), fat 11 g, saturated fatty acids 1,6 g, carbohydrates 54 g, sugar 18 g, protein 7,5 g, salt 0,83 g
- Net Weight: 260 g (9,17 oz)
- Best Before: in stock only fresh products
- EAN code: 7311070031409
For more information, please visit manufacturers website.